Tuesday, February 9, 2010

{waiting for baby}

It's been almost a month since we had to say goodbye to our Mickey. There are days when I still think I smell her. Some days I expect to see her face in the back door window. The tears still fall.
But like all things in this world, life goes on. We knew that we wouldn't wait long. The boys have been asking for a new puppy for years.
It's hard to believe that it's been 16 years since we have had one in our home. It seems fitting that we will get the new baby on Valentine's Day weekend. It's the same month we found Mickey so many years ago.
Like all new parents, we have been nesting. Cleaning and buying things for her. The boys picked out new bowls, leash, collar, toys, bedding, crate, pen, etc. You name it....we got it! I packed away all things that were Mickey's except for one thing. I just couldn't put her blanket away. So I decided to give it to our new baby.
We are waiting. Counting the days until our new baby comes home to live with us. Wish us luck but stop in next week where there will be lot's and lot's of pictures to share of her.

This is Mickey in the spring of 1994.
We instantly fell in love with her.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message or question. I will do my best to get back to you.