Friday, March 26, 2010

{New Client Referrals}



A common question asked among many of my clients and potential clients is...do you advertise? Other than having my cards at a small children's clothing boutique in town, no. I have found that my best advertisement is through word of mouth. I let my clients do that for me. 100% of my business comes from referrals these days. At the beginning of the year, I put a promise out there to all my clients, that with every booked referral appointment, they would receive a gift certificate of $25 from me. Just a small way to say thank you to them. Some photographers spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars each year promoting themselves with fancy ads in papers and phone books etc. I would rather pay it forward to my clients. That's just me. The fact is, I'm not that big of a gig. I enjoy being a small fish in a big pond. I'm flattered that I get recognized for my work these day in this small community but truthfully, I enjoy knowing my clients and their friends and family. Each one has a unique story I'm finding people connected to each other on various levels. It's one of the many things I love about my work.
Here are some of my certificates that I scored from photographers cafe and I absolutely love! Can't wait to send some off to some clients this week. Also, thank you Tara for my lucky score. You rock!
T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message or question. I will do my best to get back to you.