Friday, February 4, 2011

[Design Friday Part II}


Today's Design Friday post, is a peek into another client's great home gallery. What's great about the way she displayed her wall photos, was her use of reclaimed frames. Actually, if I'm telling this right, the frames were her grandmothers. I think she repainted them and distressed them. How wonderful to not only be able to recycle something of the past but to blend the past with the present. They can now look at those cherished photos yet think of the amazing legacy of a special woman with each frame. I'm digging the distressed, beachy feel of them, don't you?
The white iron easel is something that adds a nice decorative touch to any mantel. I'm not sure where she picked these up. They are darling! I think it's nice to think out of the box when using easels with mounted prints. I personally like to use black wooden plate easels from Pier 1. If you wanted one like this white one, I think you could get close with an iron cookbook stand.
This 20 x 20 collage you see here is from one of my most requested sessions. It's from her son's 1st birthday cake session. This is a fun session since there are so many darling expressions babies make while they are experiencing the messy yumminess and fun of eating a birthday cupcake. The collage is a fun way to display and group them. It also makes a great wall decoration to a nursery or room when mounted on a gallery wrap. Her choice of a natural wood is lovely and carries through with the feel of her other framed portraits.
Thanks again, Quinn, for sharing your design ideas!
Have a wonderful Friday!
XOXO,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message or question. I will do my best to get back to you.