Sunday, June 28, 2009

{Favorite M.J. Song}

So I'm back from my mini cyber break. I can't tell you how many times I wanted o jump on and write a post or check my fb page. Well I sorta of cheated yesterday. So it was no surprise that the talk of cyberspace was Michael Jackson. I know...I know...go anywhere on the web these days and people are paying tribute to M.J. It's all over! My kids are too young to remember anything about M.J. but it reminded me of when I first heard of Elvis dying. I was too young to really know or appreciate the legend that he was but I do remember all the hype in the news and being curious about it. I even kept newspaper clippings of his death and vaguely remember sharing this with my 6th grade classmates. Kind of morbid but it was the only way other than an album or radio song hits, that let me experience what Elvis was about. So to my surprise, living in the cyberworld of today, my own kids had no real idea of who Michael Jackson was. I think in part, I sheltered them from all that was tragic about his later life. What I did share with them, thanks to tons of internet videos, was the best of M.J. They watched with the same wide eyes that I did when I watched the videos "Thriller" and "Beat It." And like everyone in my generation, you have a favorite M.J. song. I'm torn between "Rock with You" and "Don't Stop til You Get Enough." They are songs that pull me back into time when roller skating was big...and holding your breath until that cute boy would come up to you and ask you to skate the couple song. Back when I was skinny enough to wear tight Ditto jeans and shirts. Anyways, it was nice to share some memories with my kids and take a walk down memory lane. M.J.'s music will always hold a place in my heart and be a special part of my childhood memories. So here is one of my favorite M.J. songs to leave you with. Enjoy! T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message or question. I will do my best to get back to you.