Saturday, May 23, 2009

{Sweet Stuff}











I'll be the first to admit, I enjoy photographing children, especially when it's in their natural surroundings. This family was so nice to let me spend some time with them at their little farm today. After some photos inside, the kids took me around outside and showed me their chickens and adorable goats! I always enjoy listening to them chat about what's important to them. Maybe it's the teacher in me( 6 years of listening to 1st graders.)These articulate kids sure are lucky to have such caring and nurturing parents. They ooze confidence and such a wonderful sense of curiosity. When we wrapped up our shoot, I had a surprise for them (sorry guys about the hard candy...I will bring something healthier next time, okay?) Something I picked up at Disneyland and was waiting for the perfect situation to try out some candid ideas. These images were the last taken and although there were plenty of smiles in earlier pics, I found these to be the most endearing. I loved watching them just enjoy those suckers. It was pure sweet joy....pure SWEET STUFF!
Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
T

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos of the siblings! Someday, when I have time again, I would love to have you photograph my two boys...

    take care,
    Julie Clapham

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message or question. I will do my best to get back to you.