Sunday, July 12, 2009

{Minions of Dominance}



I have met quite a few talented people in my life but no one as talented as my good friend Merri. You see, a few months ago she shared with me the fact that she had been working on a book. But that wasn't all. Not only did she write a book but it's going to be published. I'm so excited for her and I can't wait to read it! So cool that she is gonna sign a copy for me. I was even more tickled when she asked me to take her photo for her book cover.
As I await her books release next month, I thought it would be fun to do a question answer interview and share with you a link to her blog. I think she was being incredibly modest because not only is she a writer but creative scrapbooker/paper artist extraordinaire! She is one of those creative souls who inspired me to start my invitation business. She constantly astounds me with her talent and I always look forward to seeing what she is up to. So here's the interview....
1. Besides the Twilight books, what did you use for inspiration to write your book? Nothing. I made it up as I went along. It's all the things I would like to read in a book I guess...!
2. Have you written anything else? Yes. Minions of Servitude-it's due to be released in a few weeks and is the sequel to Minions of Dominance. I've also started the third book of the series: The Fifth Species
3.You have a great imagination. What other creative skill do you posses? None other than paper crafting. I do have my cards in a local doggie boutique, Bark Place. They are dog sympathy, thank you and congratulation cards.
4.Tell me more about the character who is named after your dog in the book.What are similarities/differences? No difference, other than the name;the character is exactly like Zoe.
5. If you could do 5 more things in your lifetime, what would they be? Win the Lotto, write a best seller, paint, retire, travel to Europe and then stay there.
6. Who is your favorite author? And what type of books do you like to read? Diane Mott Davidson, Anne Rice, P.D. James, Elizabeth George-Mystery, Suspense, Who-dun-it's...
I'm a big "Twilight" fan but I've been told by Merri that her book is more for adult readers or young adult, especially the second book. Click here Minions of Dominance for a look at her blog and information about her book release. I, for one, am looking forward to a signed copy of that book and wish her tons of success with it. I'm so proud of you for following your dreams and ambitions, Merri. Thanks for being such a good sport about all this. Looking forward to that lunch we need to have real soon! luv, T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message or question. I will do my best to get back to you.