Tuesday, July 14, 2009

{Missing My Boys}




Been enjoying a staycation with my hubby this past week. Kids are visiting family.Now I have to admit, having a week to myself with no kids has been amazing! No laundry, no cooking, no house cleaning,no dirty socks laying around, no yelling, no "what's to eat?", no video game noise. I've simply had to fend for myself and take care of my hubby and our dog, Mickey of course. Took in some dates with my hubby, walked on the beach, watched some movies, cleared some clutter, tinkered on the computer, went shopping, went out with friends, more shopping, read and read! It's been the best staycation ever!!!! But...at the end of this glorious week, my husband and I find ourselves feeling just a little bit empty. We kind of realized that so much of our daily living is wrapped up with spending time with our kids, taking care of them, playing with them, nagging at them, cuddling with them and reading to them. It just hit us hard last night how much we really miss them. It's the longest we've ever spent apart from all of them at one time. Would we do it again next summer? Uh yeah!!! I mean come on! We had a blast without them but the joy that they bring even the annoying joys of parenthood, are missed when they are gone. It's a piece of our life that I don't want to give up just yet and I know that day will come soon enough when the all hit the teenage years. They are coming home tomorrow and since I haven't posted some personal pics in a while, here are a few so I can remember what they look like...not that I could ever forget. Hope everyone is having a good week. Busy end of week for me. I have 5 sessions booked. Stay tuned for some sneak peeks of cute babes and kids and families!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message or question. I will do my best to get back to you.